Skip to main content

Chapter#1

before the web series, I am really sorry I haven't been posting here I was working on as promised the web series and as promised it is out. I will try and post one every other day(TRY)
So pleaseeeee share it and subscribe to be notified about each one of them!



UNDER THE CITY



CHAPTER#1
I walked silently through the alleyway trying to be as quiet as possible. I was wearing my usual baggy black-grey incognito t-shirt, tracks and a jacket that was 5 sizes larger than me, with the hood on, which covered half my face. I had parked my cycle somewhere towards the ending of the alleyway where the graffiti abruptly ended. Water dripped down from the roofs of tall apartments and the stench of really stale food filled the dim alleyway. It was a place for unwanted and strange things much like me.
I tried to spend most of the night there but the smell was becoming unbearable and besides, I had places to be.
The music poured into my ears from my mp3 something which people had stopped using, I bought it after exchanging my camera that stupid goddamn camera (I hated everything about it) at the second-hand shop,switchit!(with the exclamation). I often worked there during the summer or winter and the old man at the store knew me well and he took out a new model out for me, so it stored most of my long, super long playlist (I had recently hit 2000 songs and it was pretty satisfying),he didn’t mind me I was great at bargaining the prices down and tinkering with old stuff, so he allowed me to do the night shift alone and didn’t mind if I got friends only if I had any.
I wasn’t a complete loner, sociopath or introvert, but I didn’t have the life of an average teenager, that word never seemed to fit me. My cycle rattled on, I wanted to avoid the main road my clothes were too suspicious.
I drove into the other alleyway (that didn’t smell like rotten things)the switchit! alleyway; a ginormous woman was screaming into a handset and she squirmed at the sight of me, of course, it was Mrs.Synthia (totally not as sweet as her name.)She resisted spitting at me but she still said: “trouble causing idiot boy!”I replied with a wave that made her groan and I thought, she still hasn’t figured out my gender has she?
The shelter was at the dead end. One light was still on either it was my brother or Ms.downright. Also just to add to the trouble I had an elder brother and a friend Mark(who was not the manly type, very much the polar opposite of my brother, but he wasn’t weak he just refused to be as scary)
I locked my cycle and stole a few candies from the half closed candy shop, but they were sleeping anyway.
I left the chocolates in each of the kids’ letter boxes and I noticed that my letter box had a letter, I took it and hid it in my cycle cannot have my brother read another letter, or rip it.
I walked in switched off my mp3 locked it in the kitchen cupboard and switched off the light. It was a cold night and the children huddled together to get warm so I took the blanket from the bunks upstairs where I, my brother and Mark slept and threw it over them, the six of them finally stopped shivering. I left my jacket on them too.
I was walking up to my bunk and I felt a cold hand on my shoulder.
“where’ve you been, out too late, it's 3 hours to morning ”it was a calm, annoyed and haunted, yet sweet voice.


Loved it?share it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tulips

I saw the tulips by the meadow, A bright beautiful yellow. Dancing in the summer sun Like they were too having fun. They glowed in the sunlight, And dazzled in the moonlight They reminded me I had places to go while I lay there at midnight. It was like the light at the end of the tunnel When life was anything but humble. At breaking dawn, When it shimmered with fresh sweet dew And had a faded yellow hue It told me things about mother nature that I never knew. But soon the tulips wilted, as humans made the world tilted, I still remember those tulips swaying in the rain, something out of the ordinary, in a world so mundane. By thelazyWriter

My obsession with.....Reading Conspiracy theories

I'm not a crazy person; this stuff exists. What is a CONSPIRACY THEORY!!?? It's as easy or rather even easier than it sounds. When an unfortunate event or situation occurs, with a proper reason or not , they are reasons or guesses or theories as to why such an event occurred or why such a thing exists. So basically made up stories about real things, I already thought you were crazy but now I'm searching for mental asylums.  Before you think I ran away from a mental asylum, let me tell you the people who write this stuff are GENIUSES. It sounds like some things have only one explanation, but actually there are million different reasons. And it's not only on historical events, it is even on problems we face as a generation like....Global warming. I do write some but I don't think anyone would believe in mine cause they are...well I never tried. They are interesting to read and it's even more fun to make your own , my personal favorite is the US dollar bill...

Chapter#2

Under the City By thelazyWriter CHAPTER#2 It was Ms.Downright, the caretaker, thin and frail with fierce eyes and olive brown hair. She took care of the children at the shelter and I met her when I was 7 or 8. Also, she meant business, she wasn’t someone you could mess with.(I have to admit I was always scared of her but now she’s much less terrifying) “umm..nothing I was just taking a walk down the street” “you’re not the type who takes walks, please promise you haven’t stolen anything or caused any more trouble, I’m honestly not asking for more trouble.” “I had gone for a breather, and where will I steal from the shops are closed!?” She didn’t entirely believe me, I could see it on her face, but she went back to her little room anyway. I climbed onto my bunk and tried to sleep. I mostly stared out of the window and waited for the sun to rise. Every Sunday my brother has an off day so my brother, Mark and I go down to the mall so we don’t completely cut off...